The aim of the program is to assist people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds by providing an opportunity for them to update their skills and experience and therefore become more employable.
The critical success factors for the Work Experience Program are:
1) Provide a variety of age and skill appropriate work experiences for students to explore and test their vocational interests and skills.
2) Maintain ongoing professional staff training especially in the vocational and employment arenas to match the vocational needs of our students.
3) Implement teaching strategies to develop and strengthen work skills and worker socialization behaviours.
4) Evaluate and adapt program services according to student vocational needs.
5) Develop proactive relationships with families, employers and adult service providers.